Docklight is a testing, analysis and simulation tool for serial communication protocols (RS232, RS485/422 and others). It allows you to monitor the communication between two serial devices or to test the serial communication of a single device. Docklight is easy to use and runs on almost any standard PC using Windows 10 / 8 / 7 / Vista / XP. Key functions include:
* Simulating serial protocols - Docklight can send out user-defined sequences according to the protocol used and it can react to incoming sequences. This makes it possible to simulate the behavior of a serial communication device, which is particularly useful for generating test conditions that are hard to reproduce with the original device (e.g. problem conditions).
* Logging RS232 data - All serial communication data can be logged using two different file formats: use plain text format for fast logging and storing huge amounts of data. Or create a HTML file with styled text that lets you easily distinguish between incoming and outgoing data or additional information.
* Detecting specific data sequences - In many test cases you will need to check for a specific sequence within the RS232 data that indicates a problem condition. Docklight manages a list of such data sequences for you and is able to perform user-defined actions after detecting a sequence, e.g. taking a snapshot of all communication data before and after the error message was received.
* Responding to incoming data - Docklight lets you specify user-defined answers to the different communication sequences received. This allows you to build a basic simulator for your serial device within a few minutes. It can also help you to trace a certain error by sending out a diagnostics command after receiving the error message.
* Docklight has been successfully tested with many popular USB-to-RS232 converters, virtual null modem software, and many other Embedded Development tools that appear as a virtual COM port.
Docklight RS232 Terminal - RS232 Monitor is a free trial software application from the Debugging subcategory, part of the Development category.
The app is currently available in English and it was last updated on 2016-11-27. The program can be installed on Win7 x32, Win7 x64, WinVista, WinVista x64, WinXP, Other.
Docklight RS232 Terminal - RS232 Monitor (version 2.2.8) has a file size of 4.97 MB and is available for download from our website.
Just click the green Download button above to start. Until now the program was downloaded 626 times.
We already checked that the download link to be safe, however for your own protection we recommend that you scan the downloaded software with your antivirus.